As you prepare for your visit to Burgess Health Center, we would like to take this opportunity to welcome you. While you are here, we want you and your family to feel comfortable and confident about your experience. Please be sure to ask any questions you have at any time during your visit.
It is important that you bring everything necessary for your appointment. Every patient must bring:
- Photo ID, such as a driver’s license
- Social Security number
- Insurance, Medicare or Medicaid card
- Cash, check or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) to pay for co-pays and applicable deductibles
- Tobacco use, including electronic cigarettes, is prohibited on all Burgess grounds and in all Burgess facilities.
- If having surgery or another outpatient procedure, please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home and stay with you the afternoon or evening after your procedure. After receiving sedation or general anesthesia, you will not be allowed to drive yourself home.
- We provide persons with disabilities, including persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, blind or persons with low vision or who have other sensory or developmental disabilities an equal opportunity to access care and treatment. Please ask if you need assistance.
- We also provide interpreter services at no cost to all patients and their relatives. We have interpretation of many languages available by telephone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.