Burgess Mental Health, an outpatient mental health clinic, offers a complete range of outpatient counseling and therapy services to individuals, families, and couples, of all age groups. In addition to our primary location on the Burgess campus in Onawa, we offer a satellite office in Mapleton.
The variety of services include those for depression, anxiety, stress, panic disorders, phobias, child behavior disorders, and grief counseling. Treatment is designed for each client and their needs.
The professionally trained staff serve people with a wide range of emotional and mental health problems, from short-term personal and family problems to the most disabling illness. Consultations and community education is offered on an extensive range of subjects.
- Psychiatric Services
- Walk-In Clinic – Every Saturday from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Group Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Behavioral Health Intervention Services (BHIS)
- Parent-Child Interactive Therapy (PCIT)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Exposure Responsive Prevention Therapy for OCD
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
- HEG – Neurofeedback
- Narrative Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Comprehensive Resource Model (CRM)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFCT)
Psychiatric services are provided in-person and via a secure live-video Telehealth connection by a board-certified psychiatrist and a psychiatric physician’s assistant.
Call Burgess Mental Health at 712-423-9160 to set up an appointment, or seek a referral from your primary healthcare provider.